Search This Blog

Following via Email


Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The secret to happiness. By Kimberly Evans.


I did not even start to become emotionally mature, until around age 36. I had to go through years of counseling. I read many self help books, including, The Power of Now, A New Earth, The Four Agreements, and Living Beyond Your Feelings, to name a few. I still practice daily using positive mantras, and trying to find ways I can help in the world, rather than be helped. I seek positive influences, and try my best to surround myself with other emotionally mature people. I post this stuff to help others, because I have been on both sides, and this side is WAY better...... smile emoticon I want to give back, now that I understand how much better you can feel. 


"It is possible to become more emotionally mature. Here are some activities that can help:
Do things for others: Look for opportunities to be unselfish, whether it's not talking about yourself and instead, asking your partner about their life, and genuinely listening to them. This helps make it easier for you to give and receive genuine love and affection.
Expand your social circle: Take an honest look at who you spend time with. Are they personally and professionally successful? Or are they excuse makers who blame others? Seek out people who can bring out the best in you rather than the worst.
Play fair: Cooperate with others rather than trying to win all the time. You can practice this with friends by not always having to have your way with where to eat or what movie to see, with your partner the next time you have a disagreement, or at work by asking for others opinions and seeking mutually beneficial solutions to problems. Practice being happy instead of right.
Be honest with yourself: None of this will work if you are not willing to take a good look at yourself from the outside. Consider how others see you and face reality. It isn't going to go away so you might as well face it and deal with it constructively. Being honest with yourself will only increase your self-esteem because deep down, you know if you are avoiding reality and it keeps you feeling like a fraud. If you start facing it, it can only get better."

No comments: