Search This Blog

Following via Email


Thursday, April 23, 2015

My obituary. By Kimberly Evans.

 I don't really understand obituaries. I mean zero disrespect to all of those who do understand traditional obituaries! The way that most are structured, we find out things like, where the deceased went to school, how many wives/kids/husbands/jobs/awards/committees they had/achieved/were on. I just don't think I understand why we honor someone so much after they leave. Honor each other now. I think I may want my obituary to me more of a message to the world, rather than a post-mortem resume of sorts. 

Here is what I might want my obituary to say. Written just as it is here, as a message. 

I was a screwy, quirky person who wants all of the people she left behind to be as happy as they can possibly be. I want each person to understand that it is up to them to make this world better. Not by voting and striking and signing petitions, but simply by being nice. Be real. Be vulnerable. If you were hurt, remember how it feels and don't hurt others. To my children, live as if I am still with you, I am. You will be okay without me physically here. To my husband, because of our lives together, mine was rich and meaningful. You are free to love again. I want people to know that sometimes, as a child and as an adult, I screamed and cried in pain because sometimes life is hard. Sometimes life is so hard that you don't want to go on. Please talk about that openly so that people know it and don't feel alone. Sometimes, as adults, we are scared and life can feel hard, but it is up to each person to be the light of the world. Kids are just small adults. They are the next generation. Keep them excited about life and the many wonders. Adults, do your absolute best to not pass on hate,anger,frustration,worry,fear,anxiety etc.... If a moral or ethical law is broken, if someone is hurting another, that is wrong, no question, but if it is a matter of opinion, and either side is not hurting the other, respect each others opinion and act respectfully. Agree to disagree. You don't have to be friends with everyone, but don't have enemies in your heart. Keep spirits up. Love each other, even if you don't agree. LOVE.

No comments: