Search This Blog

Following via Email


Monday, April 6, 2015

A few words about Jagoda, a far away friend that is so dear. By Kimberly Evans, author of Perseverance.

I really can't write adequately enough, about the feelings and emotions that come up when I think about the person who wrote my second Foreword, which I have included below because I could never do it justice. 
 
Jagoda always said exactly what I wanted to hear about my book. From day 1, when it was just a blog. She commented that my words were having an impact on her life. That she felt a connection between us, because she had so many similar thoughts herself. She was my biggest cheerleader, to the point that I often did not believe she was even real. But, I was not paying her to say any of the things she said, so why would she say them? 

When it came time to publish my book, I wanted her to be a part of it so I asked her if she wanted to write the Foreword. It meant very much to me that she said yes.

When I read her Foreword, I really felt as if I had just been given the very best gift in the entire world. I felt like I had won the lottery, or as if I was on camera, and someone was going to jump out and tell me none of this is real. She is the reason I wrote the book. I feel that I wrote it to her, and for her. She has been generous in her praise of me, and I want to be equally generous in my praise for her. 

We have kept a connection, though Facebook. You see, she is in Poland, and I am in the US. We don't speak the same language. She amazes me. Due to her strong desire to connect with me, and others, she translates her words to English. I hope someday we will meet in person. 

Here is her Foreword: 
 


Foreword (2)

I am honoured and deeply touched with the privilege of receiving the request to write a foreword for the book which changed my life, called “Perseverance”. It’s very important for me to write how great an influence it has on my life.

The author, this amazing and brave young woman decided to share her deepest secrets and the vicissitudes of her life in order to spread her experience to all people in need. She transformed her failures into victories and now she passes forward true wisdom. The book is not just about eating disorders or depression, although, these topics scroll through the content. There’s something more in it. It reveals the struggle of a young person, lost in this scary world, lonely but yet full of hope, compassionate, loyal, kind and wise. She fought her weaknesses with admirable inner discipline. She persevered.

I’m a young adult, maturing, just entering the grown-up world. I came across this book by accident but it happened at the time when I needed it most desperately. Problems concerned in this literary masterpiece are familiar to my own experiences and I am sure that any person reading it will find a reflection of their own problems there. Topics described in this book are timeless and common to teenagers and adults all around the world, including me.

Thanks to the author I finally know the direction I want to follow. She opened my eyes. She made me more confident. She literally changed my life and made me the person I am now. I could not stop reading her book, in her memories I could find my own thoughts. I was deeply moved by honest and poignant descriptions of her inner struggles. I suffered along with the main character and cried bitter tears. There were also moments in this book which gave me laughter or a serene smile. The author gave me a lot of deep feelings of joy, hope and love. It created a boost of positive motivation inside me. Whenever I’m sad or I have a problem, I recall sentences from this magnificent book and they help me find balance. When I doubt myself it’s the author who gives me hope. For the first time I “met” someone who shared my experiences and talked about them so honestly. I’m proud to call her my friend. It’s easy to say: “the world is cruel and everybody is mean”. It takes a lot of courage to learn from our mistakes and to make life lessons out of painful events, of which none of us is free. Instead of feeling sorry for herself, she used her difficult past to create her wonderful future. She makes the world a better place, the same world which was so raw and demanding to her. In this book the author shows people how to live their lives in order to find happiness and peace of mind. She is a living proof that everybody can change their lives by simply being honest with themselves.

I know I will return to this book many times in the future in order to “fix” my way of thinking, and put it back on the right track. It’s full of optimism, wisdom and TRUTH. This book keeps it is readers in suspense and makes them curious about the ending – which is absolutely fantastic. This story is personal and full of emotion. It is touching and full of joy of life. The author writes “We are all in this together”. When you talk to this warm person, you really feel that she is with you, she understands you and she cares about you.

Get ready for a trip inside your mind. Be prepared for an outspoken and painfully honest confessions about yourself while reading the story of life of the author. If you feel depressed, believe me, she has been there. If you suffer from overwhelming loneliness or anxiety – she is the one who will help you manage those feelings and transform them into a source of your inner strength. If you really want to be successful, you have to get involved with all your heart. If you are ready to be happy – this is the book for you! It is a feast for the soul, written with outstanding literary skill and supported with deep psychological reflections. This creative, empathetic and sensitive author exposes the truth about the world just for you.

I will be forever grateful to her for this manual of life, for the word “perseverance” has a new meaning to me now. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write those words here.

Your eternal soul mate,
Jagoda Danielak


Click here to purchase Perseverance, by Kimberly Evans.

To find me on Facebook:
Perseverance - A guide to guilt free eating and mental wellness.

No comments: