Search This Blog

Following via Email


Thursday, May 21, 2015

My perfect storm. By Kimberly Evans.

We all have events that bring us to be a bit on the edge. Occasionally, many of those events line up in a row, resulting in, the perfect storm. 

 www.thunderbolts.info

My events occurred over the last month, causing the strom. Luckily, it had been a long time since the last one. But, like with any major storm, the after math can take a while to clean up. 

I am currently in the clean up state. I have had to call in a team to help me. You, are a part of that team! 

I feel your support. :-)   I am clapping for you, too!!

survivorsucks.yuku.com

Here is a description of my "events":

  1. The first event that happened was throwing my back out, for the first time ever. It is a long story, and I don't want to bore you, but now, a month later, I am still having issues. I see a doctor soon. This caused me to lose 2 weeks of exercise. 
  2. That event occurred at the same time that I was trying out a new way to eat.  I had not been fasting 2 days a week for a while, like I had been doing for the previous 2 years, and I wanted to try something. Sometimes, when you try something new with eating, there is an adjustment period. I was working through that at the time. 
  3. I had also just started my half marathon training. So, throwing my back out caused me to lose 2 weeks of training. That included running or cross training. All I could do was work, go home and ice my back,  and do things that I had to do for keeping up my house and family. 
  4. I quit drinking coffee one week ago. There are many reasons for this, and again, I don't want to bore you, but for me, it has been as hard as when I quit cigarettes. So, I lost a vice. Not the end of the world, alone, but in this line of events, it has been challenging.
  5. I normally get "alone time" on Mon. and Wed. lunch times. It is an arrangement I have with my husband. I NEED alone time. Aside from getting up early, those 2 hours a week are my only fairly guaranteed times that I get it. This past week, the Wed. time was not to be. For reasons beyond my husbands control, he had to be here. Now, if all of this stuff was not going on, no biggie, but it is.
  6. I have my period.
  7. I had to get an outfit for a class I was taking today. So, I had to go out, after work, and shop for clothes. This is not my favorite thing to do on any given day or time, but right now, really not what I wanted to do. And, my daughter had to get some things, so I had to bring her with me. It was not a good experience, and I actually left with no clothes. I ended up wearing very faded and outdated pants I have had for five years, and top I got about 3 years ago at a consignment shop. As a woman reading this, I hope you can see how this is all stacking up. 
  8. My hair is giving me issues. I am having issues with my hair. Not feeling overly confident about the style or color, at the moment. 
  9. I found out, that my kids have Friday off. So, no alone time Wed. Shopping Wed. night, continuing education feeling frumpy, still a bad back, and now, kids home on Friday, a day I normally have the day to catch up on errands, and just not have to be "on". Again, not a big deal if all this other stuff is not going on, but it is. 
Okay, so now what? I have learning to do positive self mantras. I have learned to smile, and fake it till I make it. I have learned to tell my husband why I seem so cagey. I have learned not to go to food for comfort. I know to use minimalistic talk, instead of over exaggerating. So, I write, and share!!!  This is my outlet. I shared on Facebook today that I am so lucky to have such silly problems. I have made a list of things I am grateful for. I know that this too shall pass. I am taking deep breaths. I know I am not alone. I am self soothing.
My calm, after my storm. At least that is what I am telling myself. :-)

www.thecelebritypix.com
 
 

No comments: