Search This Blog

Following via Email


Friday, July 17, 2015

Its not luck, its laundry. By Kimberly Evans.

When I was in middle and high school, when I was waiting for the bus, and on the bus, I would see an older man, prob. in his 40's, running. He wore running shorts. What stood out was his bouncing, jiggling, very entertaining thighs. I wondered how he ran so much and still had those loosey goosey thighs.. I got to see him, many years later, in the grocery store, and tell him how inspired I was by how much he ran. I left out the part about his thighs. I was born with big thighs. I spent much of my life hating them as if they were my own worst enemy. I have been varying degrees of in shape and out of shape. I have been really skinny and rather not so skinny. I have big thighs. Usually, when I run, I wear compression shorts, so as not to give middle and high school kids entertainment..Well, okay, the real reason is so that my thighs don't rub together. Recently Brad and I were talking as I was getting ready for a run. We were going over the check list of what I had. He asked if I had greased up, to prevent chaffing. I said that I did not need to. he said something like, you are lucky, or it must be nice, or something. I realized today, as I was getting ready to go for a run, NO, it is not luck. This week, there was a lot more "behind the scenes" activity than most weeks. I fell behind on many things around the house, like doing the dishes every night and sleeping in the bed (well, I woke up in the middle of the night and moved there), but stuff like that. AND, I ran out of compression shorts because I never did wash to be sure I had them for today.... So today, I have a nice hole in my inner thigh. It's not luck, it's laundry.

No comments: