Search This Blog

Following via Email


Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I wish you a very selfish day. By Kimberly Evans.

Nothing is more clear to me, right this moment, as how
hard I work to be selfish. I am selfish in my interactions with  family, my friends, my spouse and my co-workers. I  try to be the most selfish when I read the vitriolic comments people leave under news stories, or under Facebook pictures. Me, me, me, me, me, is all I think about. 

Sometimes I become self-centered, and then my whole world falls apart. But when I stay selfish, I am at peace, and I can love all of those around ME. 

This weekend 3 events happened that caused an immediate self-centered reaction. I cried, I got angry, I defended, I felt badly for myself, and I was hurt. I then shared all of that with those around me, in a very self-centered way. 

Nope, being selfish is the way to be! 

Be selfish enough to understand that world peace starts with YOU! And, ME!!!! 

Be selfish - smile at everyone you see, and say nice things. See how that makes YOU feel. 

Be selfish - understand that IT is not about you, YOU are about you. 

It is super hard to be selfish - but I think it is very important work. 

I wish you a selfish day. :-)   

No comments: